Korfball.com Forums - Viewing Message
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Report Abuse
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Coaching/Rules Forum
 video editing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
jonesy
Squad Player

42 Posts
Posted - 21 Mar 2012 :  16:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
This is a call for help & advice. As part of the ref's committee we want to improve the assesment of the ref's, the best way to do this is with video, It happens this way at all offical IKF tournaments and recently Dean Woods, Paul Jeanes and myself have all benefitted from this type of assesment in the past months.

so what i'm asking is if anybody in the south could show me how to edit clips of games video and save and email and whats the best software package to use i do have a Budget to work to.

I would like to get the editing done within a hour of the game finishing.i would only need to clip around no more than 10 clips.

I've tried with movie maker but could not send the clip.

i would like to learn how to edit so i could then pass it onto other referee asser's so we can improve the ref's at all levels.

i would like to do it at the MGV at Whitgift on the 15th April.

If you can help me Please contact me so something can be sorted.

thanks in advance

Steve

Marc
KorfballWorld.com

Netherlands
1789 Posts
Posted - 21 Mar 2012 :  19:56:13  Show Profile  Visit Marc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Just get a Mac and you get iMovie with it. I use it to edit my games and it works great.

Think different - KorfballGo to Top of Page

Graham Crafter
World Class

United Kingdom
1053 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  10:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
The file size stops you e-mailing it. However, there are several file sharing sites which can be used to upload files and people download then, bypassing the e-mail limit. The "Dropbox" site is one such facility. I have used www.mediafire.com successfully to distribute the EKA Referee's Training Course (among other things). More tech savvy people will be able to give more examples.

Go to Top of Page

Magnus
Star Player

United Kingdom
154 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  13:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Probably don't need full creative editing features - so you should already have Windows Movie Maker on your machine, depending on which version of Windows you are using.

It's easy enough to import the footage you want - assuming it's a digital camcorder - if analogue you'll need to digitise it first - another kettle of fish entirely.

Once imported use the "tape transport controls" to find the clips you want, you should be able to mark an start and finish for each clip and copy them to the output timeline.

When done there will be a variety of save as options, including creating a smaller file or different file types.

Depending on the option and speed of you machine it will then create the output file either instantly / a few minutes / longer......

This can then be copied / eMailed / uploaded etc.

If whoever is using the clip has internet access at the point of watching, youtube could be used.

If in a sport halls / teaching environment with no _free_ wifi then you'll need to make a copy.

If only for watching on a PC burn the files (suitably named etc) onto a DVD as a comnputer file.

If you want to create a DVD for watching @ home then you'll probably need extra DVD authoring software.

However, most laptops either have a TV out or better most flatscreen TVs have a computer in, so you can play the clips direct to the TV rather than having to burn a DVD.

Happy to help / advise further if needed.

M.

Smile, make 'em wonder what you've been upto!!Go to Top of Page

Laurie
Star Player

United Kingdom
403 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  16:52:17  Show Profile  Visit Laurie's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Movie Maker is a bit light on features, but it does let you increase the compression (for a loss in quality). When you save:

1) Save to "My Computer"

2) When you get to the Movie Settings box, choose "Show more choices".

3) Select a 'Best Fit to File Size' value. I think email tops out at about 5MB (5000kb).

----------------------------
Supernova Korfball Club - Central London's Korfball Club
Training every Wednesday, near Waterloo Station
http://www.supernova.org.ukGo to Top of Page

Gazza1976
First Team

United Kingdom
77 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  20:12:26  Show Profile  Visit Gazza1976's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Try an app called coaches eye. Allows for videoing animation of the video and sharing not used it yet but it looks good.

Gary

Gary

Cambridge Phoenix Korfball Club.

Cambridge's best Korfball Club in Green!

www.cambridgephoenixkorfball.co.uk

www.cambskorfball.co.ukGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Korfball.com 2000-2012

Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.6 secs.