Korfball.com Forums - Viewing Message
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Report Abuse
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Coaching/Rules Forum
 SHOUTing!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Nelly
First Team

United Kingdom
85 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  14:16:34  Show Profile  Visit Nelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Local league game:

Defender beaten for a running in shot - manages to get behind the shooting player and before shooting screams 'shot' (very loudly, more loudly than is necessary).

Anything wrong here?

I've seen free passes given for defenders of the feed literally screaming right in the feeds' ear but is this a foul? Falling under hindering or mis-behaviour or something? We had a rule book on the side-lines and still couldn't decide between us.

Norwich Ice....the future. www.norwichice.co.uk

Graham Crafter
World Class

United Kingdom
1050 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  23:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
There's nothing to say you can't shout but sometimes the manner could be deemed to be misbehaviour. However, it could never lead to a free pass, maybe a re-start.

Incidentally, an attacker calling out 'party' is also not an offence (although many people think it is). However, again, some people may consider this to be misbehaviour as well.

Go to Top of Page

Sam_S
World Class

795 Posts
Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  12:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
quote:

There's nothing to say you can't shout but sometimes the manner could be deemed to be misbehaviour. However, it could never lead to a free pass, maybe a re-start.

Surely if the referee feels that someone has "misbehaved" in an attempt to put off a shooter he/she could award a penalty?

I saw a game recently where, in the dying seconds, a player was taking a shot from the half way line in an attempt to score a buzzer beating winner. A player from the other division came into the half and clapped right next to them, clearly in an attempt to put them off.

If I had been the ref I'd probably have booked them---but would it also have been within the rules to award a penalty too?

--
http://www.glasgowkorfball.co.uk/
http://www.scotlandkorfball.co.ukGo to Top of Page

Graham Crafter
World Class

United Kingdom
1050 Posts
Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  21:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
A penalty can only be awarded for the loss of a scoring chance due to an infringement of one of the rules in 3.6. Shouting or putting off by some action, or other form of misconduct, is not mentioned in 3.6.

Go to Top of Page

koosh
World Class

United Kingdom
739 Posts
Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  23:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
quote:

I saw a game recently where, in the dying seconds, a player was taking a shot from the half way line in an attempt to score a buzzer beating winner. A player from the other division came into the half and clapped right next to them, clearly in an attempt to put them off.

If I had been the ref I'd probably have booked them---but would it also have been within the rules to award a penalty too?

(my emphasis)
Couldn't something be given under Rule 3.6m - "[it is forbidden] to play outside one's zone"?

In this case I don't think a desperation shot from the half way line constitutes a "clear scoring opportunity", so no penalty could be awarded.

Rule 3.6m doesn't give any provision for a free pass either, so a re-start is all that can be awarded. Since it was a buzzer-beater shot that would imply that it's game over.

If the captain continues to protest and allege misbehaviour I would as a referee have to decide whether there was a possibility that the clapping player deliberately played unsportingly and make a note of the incident on the match form before the captains sign it. Make sure both captains are aware of what's been alleged. Refer the incident to your league's disciplinary committee and help them to follow it up.

I think the same principle applies to the original question. Graham's answer makes it clear that no penalty can be awarded but any allegations of misbehaviour should be noted on the match report form and referred to the disciplinary committee.

-----------------------
http://www.mitchamkorfball.co.uk
http://www.highburykorfball.comGo to Top of Page

Sam_S
World Class

795 Posts
Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  18:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
quote:

A penalty can only be awarded for the loss of a scoring chance due to an infringement of one of the rules in 3.6. Shouting or putting off by some action, or other form of misconduct, is not mentioned in 3.6.

Ok, so you can't give a penalty but a yellow card could be justified?

--
http://www.glasgowkorfball.co.uk/
http://www.scotlandkorfball.co.ukGo to Top of Page

Mark
Hot Prospect

United Kingdom
5 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2012 :  11:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Hi Sam, I believe from my hazy recollection of the guidance notes that the referee can consider any unsporting behaviour to be misbehaviour. So yes you can show a yellow card or eventually red for repeated infringements if they have been warned but for a buzzer beater I dont think you could give anything other than a restart. As Koosh said making sure its properly reported is the only thing that can be done and I would hope that local leagues have a better definition of unsporting behaviour to try and stamp this out (though I doubt it in many cases). Fair play is part of the IKF code of conduct which players should adhere to and although the original situation as reported by Nelly is something the referee needs to decide on the day (some people are louder than others), any action such as you describe should be considered unsporting and therefore be deemed misbehaviour in my opinion.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Korfball.com 2000-2012

Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.63 secs.