Korfball.com Forums - Viewing Message
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Report Abuse
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Korfball Discussion
 EKA Allstars 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Karl Sieber
World Class

United Kingdom
540 Posts
Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  01:25:30  Show Profile  Visit Karl Sieber's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
As its the NBA allstar weekend, I thought it'd be interesting to see who people would pick if we did it for Korfball. For the sake of keeping things simple lets split it "North" vs "South", South being Kent + London, North being everywhere else! Pick 4 guys, 4 girls and a coach for each.

Rob26
Star Player

367 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  15:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Rob26's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Can we have 6 and 6 please??

http://www.nottskorfball.co.uk/Go to Top of Page

steve
World Class

Netherlands
1285 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  16:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
haha no rob you have to leave some of your nottingham teammates out then face them at training ;P

Go to Top of Page

Karl Sieber
World Class

United Kingdom
540 Posts
Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  21:04:36  Show Profile  Visit Karl Sieber's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
As barely anyone has replied, you can have as many as you like!

Go to Top of Page

Steve Barker
KorfballNet.com

USA
3193 Posts
Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  21:50:14  Show Profile  Visit Steve Barker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
This is Korfball Karl .. no one wants to upset anyone by not including them in their selection.

North
Joe Bedford, Ben King, Charlie Vogwill, Jonny Nickerson
Sam Bedford, Natasha Dawson, Hannah Lorrimer, Amy Turner,

South
Dave Brooks, Davesh Patel, Dave Synott,Tony Woodvine.
Stephanie Allen, Neala Brennan, Carly Holness, Sarah Jane Spice.

Sadly I don't get to see any games nowadays so my selection is probably not the best one around

Go to Top of Page

Steve Barker
KorfballNet.com

USA
3193 Posts
Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  21:52:39  Show Profile  Visit Steve Barker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Coaches

Danny Miles and Gary Brooks - coaching either team

Go to Top of Page

Chaz
Star Player

United Kingdom
323 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  02:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Wouldn't a London vs Everyone else game make more sense? 5 teams to pick from in each.

London I'll go for....

Ross Bower, Dave Brooks, Sytze Bijker and Davesh Patel.
Sarah Jane Spice, Karen Sparrow, Steph Allen, Anna Jeanes

Everywhere else....

Jonny Nickerson, Liam Kirby, Adam Camies, Ross Lenton
Becca Clements, Amy Turner, Hannah Snow, Claire Dique

I've gone for maximum one male and one female from each team.

Team Work Makes The Dream WorkGo to Top of Page

Steve Barker
KorfballNet.com

USA
3193 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2012 :  20:17:43  Show Profile  Visit Steve Barker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
London v the rest would make more sense and picking no more than one player of each sex from a team makes for a somewhat different selection but means many of the NL's top players would not be involved in the 'all star' game

Go to Top of Page

nick3
Star Player

United Kingdom
337 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  02:22:40  Show Profile  Visit nick3's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Surely better to pick a team with reasons for selection?

Boys...

Sytze Bijker - When Sytze gets away from you he's totally unplayable, if you lunge out to defend he runs you, if you don't he's shooting undefended and will score. Defence needs a bit of work but his opposition boy will never outscore him.

Davesh Patel - Power, strength, a great shot, a great collect and a player who seems to be very hard to defend against.

Sam Brooks - He punishes weaker sides from open play more than any other player and will keep the scoreboard ticking over nicely and if a team restricts him, the other boys in this selection will score. The ultimate plan b option.

Ean Irwin - Flair and skill and he can shoot off the jump and his rebound play is ridiculously good for a short guy.

The most underrated boy in the four I've named despite being 5th top scorer in NL currently.

He brings something to the team that nobody else in the NL really has in that I enjoy watching him play as an individual rather than as a goalscoring robot. He'll try something interesting and liven up a game. In an All Star game this is what you want.

Girls...

Steph Allen - I've never seen an opposition girl want to play against her and she brings a great goalscoring record, a good collect and a physical game. If your girls hate playing against somebody, you want them in your all stars team.

Emma Cole - A beautiful shooting technique from mid to long range, capable of running her player and a quite aggressive defence if you can wind her up the right way.

Sarah-Jane Spice - Consistent goalscoring at the top level for many years, every time I've seen her play she's racked up the goals and you don't win international caps for nothing.

The fourth girl is difficult, you want to avoid a flat track bully who scores highly against weaker sides but is shut out by the top sides.

Experience wise you have Sparrow & Holness, elsewhere you have most of the England squad and then even players like Aimee Evans who've been out of the EKL for a while but have proven records.

Since I'm struggling to decide I'm going to go with Rebecca Clements (who I think I've only seen play once) since anybody who can stick 7 goals past Trojans and be near the top of the scoring charts has to be worth a call up!

Since I've never played higher than LKA1 I reckon I'm safe from a backlash but I'd love to see a more detailed explanation of choices from people who've played at the top level.

www.nomadskorf.comGo to Top of Page

steve
World Class

Netherlands
1285 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  10:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Haha nice nice coaches may dissagree with what you have said about players but its good.

As steve b has said the top players wont do this as its to personal and i actually wouldnt blame them.

who is gonna turn up to training having left one of there team mates out?

rob wants to name 12 which is about the size of notts 1st team squad and charlie has chossen to get around it by picking just 1 person from each club

Go to Top of Page

Steve Barker
KorfballNet.com

USA
3193 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  17:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Steve Barker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
That is true Steve but wouldn't British Korfball be a better place if players were able to take part what is little more than a fun discussion without fear of hurting someone's feelings or someone taking their choices personally.

quote:
who is gonna turn up to training having left one of there team mates out?

Someone who is not afraid to express their opinion and who is worried what others think of them I guess.

Nick is quite right in respect of taking flair and entertainment into account when it comes to an All Star game.

Unfortunately the NL is way too top heavy to have the best players on show whilst only selecting one from each club

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Korfball.com 2000-2012

Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.59 secs.